Here are 2 recordinsg of Canon in D by Pachelbel. In the first video, the musicians play on authentic baroque instruments. The instruments in the video (from left to right) are violin, violin, harpsichord, viola, cello, and lute. A few questions for you:
- Can you see (or hear) any differences between our modern instruments and their baroque ones?
- What elements make this song BAROQUE? Think of what Mr. Sauerbrunn taught you.
- Do you know WHY this piece is a Canon? Hint: its not a camera (Canon) or what pirate ships shoot (cannon).
- Would this song translate to our full string orchestra setting?
- Do you want to perform this song at our next concert?
See you at school,